USD Summer Project

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Almost gone

Hey guys!! Wow, I'm leaving tomorrow! How crazy is that?? I'm a little bit nervous and a lot excited. I'm confident that this will be an amazing experience. I'm so blown away by the fact that God can use someone like me to change these people's lives. I don't want to just go to just be there, I want to go and build a house or feed people or move dead trees (all by myself ;) ) or something worthwhile. I'm not very good at recognizing that I can't change the world. But I'm ok with that...
I'm all packed and ready to go for the most part, which is crazy to say because I actually didn't go over the one suitcase and one bag limit. It's basically a miracle because I've packed this much for a one week trip to a national FCCLA conference, and this is for six weeks. But I'm also glad because I think this entire scene will help me to focus less on what I look like and more on what I can do and who i can be.
So...that's my report for the night, I should get to bed and pray that I get some sleep so I can be ready to drive 55 across the entirity of Minnesota tomorrow...woot. Good night! Hopefully i'll be able to write more soon and/or after I actually get to Mississippi!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yay for stops at DQ in minnesota! it was so fun to see you, girl. i am glad you arrived safely, sorry i was gone to miss your call. i be prayin' for ya! :]

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home