USD Summer Project

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

First day of work

Hey ya'll! Wow...i'm able to keep this updated much more than I thought! Sweet! Sooo for the first day of work my group worked a lot on getting the VBS ready, so that included doing an amazing cleaning/reorganizing job on two of the back rooms of the church, building a great stage for our weekly meetings and for the city council meetings that will be held in the church every tuesday night, and taking a lot of garbage out to the huge pile on the corner. So we got a lot of work done. I'm having a lot of fun getting to know the people on my project, they're all so great. Here's a story I heard this morning at breakfast in the Kitchen (the meal tent) that I thought was sweet, and probably the first of many - There was a church in Gulfport that had four members and was going to lock it's doors and shut down the week before Katrina, but then the hurricane came, did a lot of damage and the cousin or something of someone that lives down here heard about the story and told their pastor cousin from Wisconsin who moved down here, rejuvinated the church and now their weekly attendence is about 70-80 people. I've heard a lot of great stories like that about how Katrina had such a good impact on the morals and ability of the people to refocus their lives. Granted, there are many people who did not turn to God or who turned away from God, but there are some great stories also.
Anyway, I'm off to read then to bed.

Oh, do i need to be worried about my house???
Ok...thanks
see ya!
lys

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home