USD Summer Project

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Life Up North

hey folks!

First off, happy july 4th! I have no idea how it happened, but I have today off. Things are starting to get interesting here in Medora. The Maltese job is going pretty well. We had an employee leave last week so they have been searching for someone to fill his spot- first it was Yuri from Ukraine, who has been teaching me many ukrainian words, [some I don't want to know], but he went back to housekeeping. Sunday we got Boris from Bulgaria; he speaks decent English, is a hard worker and it's been going well so far. Yesterday was a little rough because my manager's boss came and yelled at us several times for things we had been doing wrong the whole month, but everytime she made a comment about something it was to me and only me so that made me slightly mad. plus she took our tip cup :(

The staff handed the project over to us last night so that's another reason why i say life is 'interesting.' since we have 14 students, we all have a specific job that is needed for the body of Christ to function, which is awesome. As a whole we managed to not let anyone know our jobs until last night, which was slightly hard because I have known about my job for a week- I am one of three Student Project Directors, so we all had to get together and meet on Sunday with the two staff directors. The other two directors are Rob, who I work with at the Maltese, and Ann, from SMSU. I know them both fairly well, probably the most out of the whole group besides my roommie. It has been challenging already, but we are SO looking forward to everything that is going to happen and that God is going to do the rest of the summer. My specific area is ops stuff: finances & holding the checkbook for us, which totally fits me.

One last thing...the staff showed a short slideshow before they left- at the very end of the show they had a slide with that picture of me shooting Melissa's bear. My question is, *HOW* did the Rygh's get that photo? It had to have been given to one of them...

Well, that's all for now. Like I say all the time, if any of you are ever in western North Dakota, give me a ring! :] hope all is well with you, whoever is reading this-

amy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,
I'm in NW South Dakota...pretty close to you...but I don't know that I will have a chance to head up in that direction before I have to go back to school on the 1st of Aug. Go Op's Team!!!
Take Care!
Dana

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home